The Fisk Program Faculty are expected to
- serve, if asked, on the Master's thesis committee of a Master's trainee;
- serve as an external mentor to their former Master's Thesis Advisee after transitioning into a PhD program at UIUC.
The UIUC Program Faculty are expected to
- serve, if asked, on the Master's thesis committee of a Master's trainee at Fisk University;
- serve, if asked, as an initial mentor to a new doctoral trainee who transitions into a PhD program at UIUC;
- serve, if asked, on the PhD thesis committee of a doctoral trainee at UIUC.
All Program Faculty mentoring a trainee are expected to
- participate in the required Faculty Mentor Training before mentoring a trainee;
- use the online trainee tracking system (currently under development) to interact with the mentoring team and record mentoring activities;
- work with their mentee to develop and review the mentee's Individual Development Plan (IDP) on an annual basis;
- enforce rigor, reproducibility and responsible conduct of research in their research training;
- help their mentee acquire strong professional and career development skills;
- maintain close communication with the Leadership Committee (PIs and Program Managers) regarding their mentees.
All Program Faculty are expected to
- participate in recruitment activities;
- attend the FUTURE-MINDS-QB Symposia and Seminars;